Hdmi no input

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Soqs

So for the past 3 months I’ve been racking my brain on this computer. The whole thing was shot after a thunderstorm. Replaced all the parts and I was getting a signal for awhile while installing windows 10 but every time it restarted for the install my monitor would not come back on. Now I’m just getting no signal. Things I’ve tried: swapping motherboards multiple hdmi slots and direct input. On both integrated graphics and video card. Different monitors. Any help would be appreciated.

Soqs

CPU: intel i7 8700k Motherboard: Gigabyte H310M GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Power Supply: Thermaltake RGB 750W RAM: Patriot Signature line 4GB x2 DDR4 PC4-17000

Oddba11

Jim
Unless you've got multiple bad parts, none of that makes any sense.

Remove the video card and use the onboard HDMI port. Boot into the BIOS and reset to default or use the motherboard jumper and default back to default BIOS settings.

Soqs

Could the video card be conflicting with its ability to show up on the monitor because I’ve tried using on-board with it in. The video card is the only thing not brand new so it would make sense..

Oddba11

Jim
On most boards, having a video card installed disables the onboard video.

Soqs

Ok so I tried using the jumper and removing the video card. No luck there, my friend suggested that a pin could be bent on my processor. Would that affect my display?

Oddba11

Jim
A bent pin will generally result in the PC not functioning...so yes, no video output would be a byproduct of that.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online