1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HDMI no longer playing sound?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by leighcomputers, Apr 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. leighcomputers

leighcomputers Thread Starter

Hi, I have my pc hooked up to my tv have for years and plays sound via the HDMI lead out the tv. lovely. however its no suddelnt from one random boot never played sound again. I have uninstalled all my graphics cards (NVidia) drivers and software and all sound card drivers I have rolled back and then reinstalled (fresh) nothing I seem to do will get me sound back. I have sound out the front audio jack if I plug headphones in. I have tried finding settings to put my HDMI lead as my audio output but its not on the list? any ideas would be great im at a loss.

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

Provide a screenshot of your Playback Devices Tab from your Sound interface, also please check Device Manager and make sure there are no issue with the drivers there.

3. leighcomputers

device manager says all is working fine......... which is helpful.

Attached Files:

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I'd buy another HDMI cable and try that. Perhaps the cable went bad.

5. leighcomputers

I have a HDMI attached to my ps4 video and sound perfect. Put into PC and same picture but no sound so its 100% not the cable.

6. CleaverX

CleaverX

Sorry I cannot read the contents of the screenshot. Can you take another one, but this time hold down the Alt key while you press the Print Screen key. It will only capture the playback devices window. Upload it again.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145941

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice