1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved HDMI port not working?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KyleAWH, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KyleAWH

KyleAWH Thread Starter

I'm trying to display my PC to my TV but when i connect the HDMI to the PC and TV nothing happens on the computer and it doesn't recognize anything when i go to the display setting and try to set it to the TV. I know the HDMI works because it's the one i use for my PS4, I also know that the TV is on the right source setting. I have updated all of my drivers too. Is the port just broken or what?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3530 @ 2.16GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 55 Stepping 8
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3977 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -2043 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 454 GB (416 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0F2A20
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. lynx1021

lynx1021

So you have a monitor connected to your PC now, correct? Have you gone to your Intel HD graphics control panel, display, multiple displays and select what you want? Like clone display, extended desktop.

3. KyleAWH

KyleAWH Thread Starter

No I don't have a monitor connected to the PC. It's like one of those all in one computers it's all one unit screen and all. But yes I've gone to display settings and tried to set it on duplicate screen and extended and also the other ones but the computer doesn't recognize any other displays

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

Is it a Dell Inspiron 20 Model 3043? If so you are out of luck, it only has a HDMI-IN port, not out! For Connect a gaming console, Blu‑ray player, or other HDMI‑out enabled devices. I don't have a good opinion about all-in-one, not upgradeable, if something breaks on it the only thing you might be able to use is the hard drive and memory. Most all-in-ones don't have a video out port.

KyleAWH likes this.
  5. KyleAWH

KyleAWH Thread Starter

Oh okay that explains it. Thank you! It's not the best computer and it's pretty old but it does what I need it to do as I don't game or anything on PC. I just use it for school work and YouTube etc. Thank you though haha I was trying to figure this out for the past week.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1208575

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice