1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HDMI port not working

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Elized, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elized

Elized Thread Starter

HI All

I have moved to Windows 7 from Vista, finally

Computer - HP 8710w, Intel Centrino vPro, Nvidia Quadro

I connected my HDMI cable to TV Hdmi port and PC Hdmi port but no signal on TV at all. With Vista it was plug and play (just needed to adjust audio settings on PC).

I have tried downloading updated drivers but to no avail. While connected pressing the Fn key and F4 hey does nothing, the computer has no idea that something is in that port. I think the port is somehow inactive or physically damaged.

How may i check to see if the port is working and how do i check if its software related?

Many thanks
    Z

2. Made-In-Canada

Made-In-Canada

Are you running more then one monitor at a time? If you are then you need to right click on your desktop and select "Screen Resolution". Then find the TV on the display device drop-down menu. Then check the box "Make this my Main Display".

Let me know if that works, if not I can help troubleshoot the problem some more.

3. Elized

Elized Thread Starter

Thank you so much for your reply

I am running only one monitor - I am at work presently - (with the World Cup not much work being done :p

I will hook up the cable tonight (that would mean prob afternoon our time - I have family in Toronto and they are 7 hours behind us in South Africa i think) and see if I get another option when connected, however would the TV not have been just blank and perhaps had sound - It just said No Signal.

Is there anything else I may try?

Many thanks
    Eli

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/929400

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice