1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HDMI Problems

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Dustin Bones, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dustin Bones

Dustin Bones Thread Starter

Ok, so, im trying to make use of my HDMI ports on my new tv by plugging my 360 and PS3 up to them. Let me try to explain the problem. The tv has 4 hdmi ports. Port 1, everything is fine when i plug the 360 and playstation into it. I get 1080p and all that jazz. When i plug into any other hdmi port, its not HD. The ps3 wont show a display and when i go into the display settings in the 360, it says im using DVI, which im not, since its an HDMI cable. I've used 3 different HDMI cables and its always the same problem.

Heres the tv in case you're wondering:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6322015&SRCCODE=WEBLET03SHIP&cm_mmc=Email-_-WebletMain-_-WEBLET03SHIP-_-03ship

Any ideas?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    have a look at the TV settings for each of those HDMI inputs and see if theres any setting to change

looking at the user manual - http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/Hannspree_ST329MUB_Manual.pdf - i cant see any settings so should expect all 4 HDMI connection to work
    My Panasonic TV has no settings - so i suspect its faulty

you may want to get intouch with http://global.hannspree.net/ support after the holidays - you will just have to use HDMI 1 and keep swapping in the meantime

but have a look through the settings see if theres anything

3. L1TTL3DUD3

L1TTL3DUD3

well if u have been using the ps3 or 360 on normal tv it wont connect to he HD casue your settings are different to fx that problem is very simple all u have to do is turn off the ps3 until the little light at the on and off switch is red then u hold down the switch (on and off) until u hear 2 beaps the second beap might take a bit longer and there u go but im sorry i dont know how to fix the 360

4. AceInTheHole

AceInTheHole

Agree with what L1TTL3DUD3 said about resetting when you go from SD to HD or vice versa....

I had a similar problem with our set. I have a JVC 52" HDTV and it has 2 HD ports. I had the Cable HD box set to HDMI port 1 and one day it stopped working. I moved the cable to HDMI port 2 and it worked fine.. Well, we got him a PS3 for Christmas and I got to thinking there might be a problem. I hooked it up to the original bad port and it recognized it and has been working fine ever since.

I think what may have happened is that the TV lost the HD signal and changed the settings. I know telling you my problems may not be what you wanted, but I would check your TV settings too and go from there. Reset the unit and make sure it is on before you plug in the cable so it recognizes the signal.

If you are still having probs. let me know and I will do some research on it further and see what we can do.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970368

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice