1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HDTV crops image

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by cancon, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cancon

cancon Thread Starter

I have a Dell XPS M1530 running Vista Ultimate. It has an 8600M GT. I have been watching blu-ray movies using the built in BD-RE drive, and I love it. (I have a DVD rental store very close to my house which rents blu-ray movies for $3 for a week. BARGAIN!

Anyways, I would usually hook it up over a VGA cable into the back of my 42" Samsung HDTV. I then decided it was a shame to lose the quality over something so silly, and went out and invested in a HDMI cable. I just connected it, and a window pops in Vista saying blah blah blah external display and asking me how i want the 2 screens to work with each other.

Now I want to watch a movie, so I want all my graphics card's attention on the output. The TV.

But I have noticed an immediate problem. The Screen is cropped from all sides so I can only see about half the screen. I've tried all resolutions up to 1920 x 1080, and changing the P.Size from the TV, but nothing seems to work.

I then read this, in which the second poster says a driver from laptopvideo2go.com should help. Does anyone know anything about this site, and if so, which of the thousands of drivers I should use?

Thanks,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758072

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice