HDTV! Help Pls

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
find out which brand has the best life in the hdtv. i have heard of top end tvs burning out real quick.

Speaking from personal experience, I have never had much luck with Samsung stuff. They tend to compromise heavily on quality. I bought a dv-video camera (used) that bleeds so much in dark conditions it's unusable. I can only use it on a sunny day. I have a samsung dvd player that doesn't respod to the remote very well, and the interlacing artifacts are horrible, even for a non PS player. It also skips when it changes tracks. Very distracting.

Sony are good, but you are paying an extra $500 because it's a Sony. Not really worth it IMO.

Panasonic tends to compromise on features instead of quality to keep costs down. So a Panasonic display might not have as many features (such as dvi instead of hdmi, only one set of component inputs instead of 3 or 4).

I would say look at the features the panasonic provides, and see if that's what you need in a TV. If so, then go with the panasonic.

Have you checked out any LG products? They are revered as the best when it comes to LCD displays. They also come with a standard 2 year manufacturer warranty whereas everyone else is only 1 year. Their displays seem to have the sharpest image (from what I have seen in stores) and they are competativley priced.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts