1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Header and Footer HELP

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Milo145, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Milo145

Milo145 Thread Starter

Stupid question so here goes.

Where does word store a header and footer image????? I've got a head that has an image in to that needs to be edited but edit is grayed out when I right click in header an footers???? I can't get into any props of header and footer to see what it's called so I can search the HDD? The system is running Office XP

TIA

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

I believe the image will be embedded within the document, and not necessarily "linked" as a separate image. It will not exist therefore separately?

If you cannot access the header then perhaps the author of the document has protected it?

3. Milo145

Milo145 Thread Starter

Any clue as to how to locate the image if it's embedded?

4. Gram123

Gram123

The image would be located right there in the header. It would not be saved somewhere else if it was embedded.

You can convert the image in the Word doc into a file that can be opened and edited by another program:

Save the Word document as a HTML file (Web page in the Save As drop-down list). This will save the HTML page as well as a folder which will contain any images from the document. These will be in GIF or JPEG format.

You can then use whatever picture editor you use to alter the image as required and then re-Insert it into the original Word file.

Hope this helps.

Gram

5. Milo145

Milo145 Thread Starter

Kick *** Idea,,,, THANX

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!