Header and Footer inserts

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Shortcutter

Following appearing in footers on a document instead of inserted text:
¼œëO ¨Ì fn - managed to delete some but still getting ð

Cannot find on web what this is

TerryNet

Terry
I moved your thread, as this does not sound to me to be a Windows 7 issue. Are you not using some product such as Microsoft's Word?

Shortcutter

Sorry for delay in reply - have been off sick all week.

This is the best I can do. Having trouble copying from info on Word:

upload_2018-11-7_3-58-57.png

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Can you post a copy of this Word file with the header and footer issues.
But remove any information in the body that should not be seen by everyone!

Chawbacon

Jack
Hello Shortcutter,

The problem that you are describing above has the feel of corrupted headers/footers. Have you checked to see if this is occurring in other documents? If this is not happening in other documents, first make a backup of your primary document, then delete the headers/footers, copying a few pages of your text into a new document, and attempt to recreate one of the desired headers/footers. If successful, repeat but apply to the entire document.

If this is happening to other documents, you will most likely have to reinstall, or repair, MS Word and you will probably loose established headers and footers regardless.

Good Luck!

Shortcutter

Thankyou so much. I managed to save the file and encrypt it with the old password minus the corrupted header.
Sorry for the delay in replying. Temporary sickness in the family. It only seems to affect the one file which is on a USB stick.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online