header/footer first page query

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JulieAsking

Is there any way I can choose to have the Header/Footer dialogue box have a default tick next to "Different First Page"? I managed to somehow have this happen on one of my templates but have no idea how. It just saves interminable clicking!

Thanks anyone.
Julie

Are we talking about Microsoft Word here, WordPerfect or ..

On the chance that its Word you are referring to, locate your "normal.dot" template.

Where it is stored depends on the version of Word and your operating system. There will be one occurrence of the file for each user logging on the PC.

Its marked as a system file, so enable the viewing of these files before you go looking. It will be there. This is assuming Windows OS. If its a Mac, cant help you.

Open it in Word, and make all the selections you want as a default. Save it, and from then on every new document will inherit those options.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online