Headphone Amp/DAC--USB"Not Enough Resources for this Device"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

M0KlN

I just equipped a headphone amplifier/DAC (FiiO E10K) for my hi-fi headphones (Philips SHP9500), which is connected to my desktop: [Desktop > AMP > Headphones]. I got a message from Windows saying that I don't have enough resources for the controller. It seems like I only get this message when playing audio @24bit/96kHz, but not @24bit/48kHz or bellow. It's unclear if there's really a noticeable audio difference when there's not enough resources, as I've just gotten this amp and have no point of reference to compare it to.
Another strange thing to me is that my mobo was previously capable of having audio formatted @24bit/192kHz and even @32bit/192kHz. So I don't know why changing the audio format of the amp would make a difference...

From my understanding after reading other forums regarding this issue, the whole "endpoint" issue for ports is that certain Intel series chip sets have a limit of 96 endpoints. But I shouldn't have that problem, as AMD has a limit of 254 endpoints, neither of which I believe I am even close to hitting the limit of. And the thing all those users had in common was that they had used several port hubs for all their devices. I only have 4 devices connected, and each one is using it's own port from the motherboard. So I would think it's also not hitting the limit of 16 endpoints/per port protocol.

I also don't believe it has to do with the XHCI controller being enabled in BIOS. Downgrading all my USB 3.0 and 3.1 ports to USB 2.0 ports didn't stop the "not enough resources" pop-up from reoccurring.

I have tried updating my drivers, but have not tried uninstalling/reinstalling the USB Host Controllers. I can't seem to find them on the manufacturer's website to reinstall after, in case they don't automatically reinstall themselves. So besides this option, is there any other possible reasons why I'm getting this pop-up?
-----------------------------------
CPU: Ryzen 2600X
Mobo: ASUS B450-I Gaming

Oddba11

Jim
Have you tried using a different USB port. The blue ports and red ports on the back panel use a different USB controller.

As for the drivers, the USB drivers are likely included in the "chipset" package from Asus.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online