Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Headphone issues with laptop

695 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
The laptop(Win 10) shows earphone not plugged in, even when it is. On restarting the lap with earphones plugged in, it works. But on unplugging it, the issue repeats...
NOTE: Not earphone's issue, it works with other devices. Unable to use windows audio troubleshoot as it shows earphones not plugged in...

#5 ·
It is not a manual that i need but possible solutions cut down... So i havent been able to resolve the issue... A little back while i reinstalled my driver and it worked fine for a few days and then the issue recurred... So now every time i plug in my headphones i have to disable and enable my realtek audio driver, to get it working... So please assist in solving this very irritating issue...

thanking in anticipation,
G

#6 ·
You might not need the manual but it helps us "see" if the laptop in question has 1 or 2 ports for audio.

I know this is not your model but check if you have the Waves MaxxAudio Service Application
https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Headphone-not-detected-when-plugged-in/td-p/7469697

Again not your model
https://www.dell.com/community/Insp...phone-jack-not-detecting-headset/td-p/7613843
But this answer says the same thing
Based on many posts on this forum (and other computer forums) for proper jack detection in a Dell, the Dell Realtek driver must be used and on systems that Dell provides Waves MaxxAudio that must also be installed.

#9 ·
Then I guess you found the issue.
Go to the manufacturer's web site and see what you find for MaxxAudio Service. (I wouldn't depend on MS finding the correct driver.)
If there isn't one shown, then you might have to plug the headset in before you turn on the laptop so it is recognized.

#10 ·
I dont seem to find any service application as such for my device.... Please review the below screenshot which is the display on launching waves maxxaudio app... yeah, i am trying to resolve the issue of having to restart my lap everytime i have to plug in my headphones... So Any other soln.?

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.