1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Headphone jack in laptop not working?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Uchi8a, Dec 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Uchi8a

Uchi8a Thread Starter

My audio and speakers work in my laptop but when I plug in my headset (Which has a mic as well) I hear no sound and the microphone does not work.
    My headset is in perfect condition and use to work on my Laptop so I know its not the headsets fault.

If anyone knows how to fix this please help.
    Thank you

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Try the headset on another PC, to see if it is working. Some times there's a break in the wire (for example if you bend the wire too much or you rolled over the wire with your chair ). The next thing would be a break in the plug part of the headphone. Then it could be the jack of the laptop.

3. Uchi8a

Uchi8a Thread Starter

Im pretty certain its something to do with the jack of the laptop, but im not sure how it broke.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

The jack can break out of normal wear and tear. If the laptop is still under warranty, then have it fixed that way. If it is not, still it is best to ask the manufacturer how much they will charge for repair.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1200600

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice