1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

headphone jack not working... but speaker-jack work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slj10, Jan 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. slj10

slj10 Thread Starter

I had to have the hard drive replaced in my computer due to a defect in the drive. Ever since the hard drive was replaced, the head phone plug-in that is on the face of the tower does not work, but the speaker plug-in that is located in the back of the tower, works just fine.

I cannot figure out what is wrong. The audio driver installed for my system was obtained from the Dell website along with the majority of my other drivers.
    Any help would be great.

System Information:
    Dell Dimenstion E310 (Desktop)
    Windows XP Professional SP3
    Audio: Intel Integrated Audio

2. DB6150

DB6150

Do you know if the front panel audio jack is plugged into the motherboard?

3. slj10

slj10 Thread Starter

The actual audio plug in is connected to a circuitboard in the front of the tower. Also connected to this circuitboard are the diagnostic lights and 2 USB ports (which function properly). That circuit is then connected via chord to the motherboard.

I could not find any loose connections, but that front circuitboard appears to be working properly.
    so could something be wrong with the actual headphone plug in (that connects to that circuit) or could it be a driver error?

4. DB6150

DB6150

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/791525

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice