Headphone/Speaker problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Robm1955

A couple of weeks ago, I had to unplug everything connected to my computer, while I moved it to decorate. Decorating done, and computer back in place, but now I have a strange, but annoying problem. When I plug my headphones in, I don't hear anything, and the speakers still work. First thought would be the jack socket, but if I go into playback devices, and select headphones, and run the test, they work perfectly. If I reboot my pc, with the headphones plugged in, they work, but I can't get the speakers to. Again, running a test, shows them to work. I have even tried updating the drivers, but apparently, I have the latest drivers. I'm totally lost now as to what the problem/solution is. Hope someone can help.

First Name
Jay
Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

Robm1955

It's an Acer Aspire X3200. Phenom 9100e Quad Core Processor 1.8 GHz
4GB ram. Running on Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. The sound set up is confusing. In device manager, sound controllers, I have NVIDIA HDMI Audio, and Realtek High Definition Audio.

First Name
Jay
Have you tried uninstallig the existing drivers and reinstalling them?

Robm1955

I uninstalled the device, and re-booted, which found the device again, but that only worked until I unplugged the headphones. Then the speakers wouldn't work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online