1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Headphone to Mic

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by tropix, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tropix

tropix Thread Starter

Sorry if this is the wrong forum guys.
    Im wanting to know if I can record direct from my headphone jack direct into my mic jack which is situated on the front of my ASUS laptop?
    I am ok recordind from a tape deck to the mic...it works fine using AUDACITY.
    I need to record a Czech radio progran which a friend is being intervied but my sound card wont allow me to record streaming so I am hoping I can go from my Headphone to my mic with a simple piece og cable with the same connecter on each end.
    Thanks to all.

2. maceman

maceman

It's depending on sound card. Most of the sound cards can record even without using connection between headphone and mic jacks. You should check your sound cards properties what it is recording.
    But it should work your way too. Why don't just try. It might be mono though..

3. tropix

tropix Thread Starter

From what I have research previously, my sound card does not support the recording of streaming.
    This is the reason I am hoping I can do it via the Headphone and mic jacks.

4. maceman

maceman

That is possible, at least you have a mixer. But there is no harm if you try it. It works with some sound cards. You can't break anything, if you keep your sound level low.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/911112

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice