1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Headphone troubles!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Snarkyguy, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snarkyguy

Snarkyguy Thread Starter

Okay, so this has been an issue for a while, and I've found temporary fixes, but for some reason they aren't working anymore. (playing around with the audio jack)

I can get audio on my laptop with normal (non-usb) headphones just fine, but I get nothing out of the built in speakers, despite the computer claiming that the speakers are working fine- even showing levels of the audio that SHOULD be playing when I look into it. I even tried to uninstall/reinstall the driver that I think is messing things up, theres no updates for it, and it won't let me rollback to any earlier version.

The oddest part is I get a split second of audio whenever I click any part of the mixer levels.

Oh- and I have an IDT audio driver, so it couldn't be the Realtek problem everyone else is having, could it? From whats I've read on this site alone, if it is that problem you'll all simply tell me I'm doomed and to wait for "them" to make an update! (If everyone had this problem for forever now and it hasn't been fixed yet... I get the feeling it's never gonna happen.)

Anyone able to help me?

2. Snarkyguy

Snarkyguy Thread Starter

It worked briefly after calling customer support and I drained the power by removing the battery and restarted the computer. They assured me it probably had nothing to do with the driver, but the problem returned right away. Anyone?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1004360

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice