1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Headphone volume too low

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Skoochy, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Skoochy

Skoochy Thread Starter

I have a Gateway DX4831 computer and Windows 7. I am trying to play back a digitally recorded CD. Even though I went into Control Panel and made sure all of the volume was maxed, plus the volume on the program through which I am playing the CD is maxed, it is still too low. I noticed that there isn't anywhere through the Control Panel where it lets you specifically adjust the volume on headphones, only microphones. Interestingly enough, I just played the video that introduces you to the Forum and how to navigate through it, and the sound was perfect. I'm not very computer savvy and I am at the end of my rope with this problem. Can anyone help me? Thanks!!!

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

When an audio application is started in windows 7 a new
    volume control is added to the mixer.
    Click the speaker icon in the task bar and click mixer.
    See if you can adjust it there.

3. antech

antech Banned

Go to the action center in notification area.
    [​IMG]

Open it.

Click on the Troubleshooting button.
    [​IMG]

Under the Hardware and Sound Category,
    Click on the "Trouble Audio Playback" and see if windows fixes it itself.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/922902