1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

headphone where!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by tadadams, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tadadams

tadadams Thread Starter

I HAVE 2 CD DRIVES[DVD-CDRW] IF I PLUG IN MY HEADPHONES
    INTO EITHER IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO WHERE THE SOUND
    COMES FROM.IS THERE SOMTHING IN WINDOWS ME I HAVE TO
    ACTIVATE[THE JACK PLUG IS CORRECT AND THERE IS A CD IN]

2. columbo

columbo

Hi,

Please type in lower-case from now on (it makes it easier to read).

Your post was a little difficult to understand, but I'm guessing that your problem is that you're unable to listen to a CD in either drive, when you have your headphones plugged into the jack on the front panel of either drive, correct?
    Can you hear the CD when you have your headphones, (or a pair of speakers), plugged into the appropriate jack on your soundcard, in the back of your computer?
    Can you hear any sound files on your system? ie- Windows startup sound.
    Lastly, have you tried using the headphones on another PC, or stereo? It could just be that the headphones don't work.

3. tadadams

tadadams Thread Starter

SORRY FOR THE LACK OF INFO
    BOTH DRIVES PLAY AND SOUND PERFECTLY ITS WHEN I PLUG MY PHONES IN ICAN HEAR THE MUSIC FROM MY PC SPEAKERS AND NOTHING OUT OF MY HEADPHONES WHICH WORK OK ON MY HIFI

4. columbo

columbo

OK,

1- Have you ever been able to hear anything from your computer, with the headphones plugged in? Meaning, that if you plug your headphones into either of your CD drives or your soundcard, have you ever been able to hear anything?

2-Are you trying to use the headphones while also having the speakers plugged in?

Columbo

5. tadadams

tadadams Thread Starter

if i remove my speaker lead from my soundcard and plug my headphones into it i get music .if i leave my speaker lead out
    and put my hphones into any of my cd drives i hear zilch.
    i have never heard asound from either of my drives as my pc is
    new and this is the first time i have tried it.Surely you must be able to use headphones without unpluging my speakers.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66948

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice