Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Headphone wire static

611 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  lunarlander 
#1 · (Edited)
The headphone wire suddenly has stopped producing mic sound and makes a lot of static although it lets me hear fine. I know its the cable because it makes the static at the same volume when the headphones are disconnected and other cables are fine.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19043, Installed 20210821212851.000000+060
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6006U CPU @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 78 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 4 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (394 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO Toronto 5A2, ver SDK0J40700 WIN, s/n PF0NFWMT
System: LENOVO, ver LENOVO - 1, s/n PF0NFWMT
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

#2 ·
Hi and welcome to TSG,

You said it makes the same static noise when the headphones are unplugged, is that with them totally unplugged, both mic and 'phones if they have separate cables ?

What sort of connector is on those headphones ?

#4 ·
I can't tell if it's the default jack without knowing what computer/hardware you have.

I can say that the correct connection on a Desktop is a green socket and most laptops only have one socket for headphones.

If you can use a different cable and it removes the static then that's the cure, stop using the noisy cable.

#6 ·
You might be able to fix it by replacing one plug and if that doesn't help replace the other plug but it will be a fiddly job and you would have to solder the new plugs to the correct wires. Of course that assumes the problem is with one of the plugs but it could be a break in one of the wires somewhere or the volume control if it affects the mic volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.