Headphones' mic and speaker won't work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chrisdoherty

I use my bluetooth headphones boat rockerz 510 with the browser and for other apps, it works just fine but as soon as i connect to a zoom meeting, the sound goes out and the speaker wont give out any sound neither from zoom nor from other apps and after leaving the meeting, everything is back to normal.

plodr

Liz
And you checked that the sound is not muted?

My husband uses Zoom on my android tablet once or twice a month. For some reason, the audio mutes. Perhaps when I update the app.

I also found this:
Go to your device’s app settings and look to see if Zoom has permission to access your headphone’s microphone/speakers.
Since I don't use nor own a bluetooth headset, I can't tell you where to look.

This might be the place to look
Under Zoom's Settings / Audio, you need to select your Bluetooth "headset" from the speaker list and your Bluetooth "headset" from the microphone.

Look this over
https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audio/173579-using-zoom-bluetooth-bt-speaker-doesn-t-work.html

Couriant

James
First make sure that the settings are not defaulting to different mic/speaker.

Having said that, my bluetooth headset is having the same problem... I haven't had any issues before. I will need to troubleshoot...

Edit: that was very strange that it happened to me. Perhaps it was an update. I ended up dissociating the headset from my computer and then reconnected/paired it back up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online