Headphones Not Detected

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Phil_Crane

i am trying to get my head phones working on my laptop.

when i plug them in, in sound playback devices they show up as not connected (same as when there not plugged in) you hear the usual scuffle of sound as you plug them in and any sound playing lowers in volume on the main speakers when you do plug them in but no sound comes out of the headphones.

Computer: Lenovo G510

Attachments

Triple6

Rob
Can you right click on the Headphones and choose Enable?

Phil_Crane

The device is enabled nothing is there to enable it in any other way, it can be disabled that's all, the jack socket must work as I get the crackle in the headphones when I push them in its just not setting it as plugged in for some reason

Phil_Crane

Tried 2 sets of the same headphones both being Apple iPhone headphones work fine in other laptops but not mine

Phil_Crane

most up to date driver is installed.

i tried them again then and i have worked out if there plugged in before i switch on the laptop or i plug them in then restart the laptop then they work fine so i am completely baffled now

Triple6

Rob
Sounds like a driver issue, uninstall the drivers first, then reinstall from the link I posted above.

Phil_Crane

looks like its all sorted now also have a new advanced audio panel :)

thanks for the help, much appreciated

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online