headphones not working properly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tripwire13

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20190731212155.000000-360
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 6 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Hard Drives: C: 904 GB (227 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO MAHOBAY, ver Win8 STD MM DPK IPG, s/n ES11408735
System: LENOVO, ver LENOVO - 1230, s/n ES11408735
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Enabled and Updated

Hello there.

I was trying to listen to a website through my new headphones, but I don't hear a single sound coming through them. Can you please help me?

Oddba11

Jim
Have you tested the headphones in another device to ensure that they work? Have you tested using both the front and rear panel ports?

If these are USB headphones, have you changed the default playback device?

tripwire13

Beexcellent makes my headphones, and how do I go about changing the default playback device?

That doesn't help us much, we need the exact model or a description of the connectors.

tripwire13

Alright, it's a Beexcellent GM-5 Pro Gaming Headset that I purchased a long time ago.

Oddba11

Jim
Those appear to use the standard 3.5mm jacks, one for the audio input and one for the mic. Test the audio jack in both the front and rear panel audio outputs. Or, as noted above, you can test them in any device which uses 3.5mm port, such as a phone or mp3 player. That will at least confirm that they actually work.

As for the output selection, right click on the speaker in the tray, choose Open Sound Settings, choose the Sound tab on the left column, in the right pane for Sound, Chose your output device (the drop down box will list all of the recognized devices).

plodr

Liz
Have you tested the headphones in another device to ensure that they work?
Was asked but not answered.

I see these are for X-box and PS/2 devices. I'm not able to see if Windows has drivers for these.

Oddba11

Jim
Too many to list.

Pretty much any headset that uses standard 3.5mm jacks. For USB type headphones, they will be labeled "For PC Use" and list which Windows versions are supported.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online