1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Headphones not working right

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mrcookies13, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mrcookies13

Mrcookies13 Thread Starter

Hello. I been searching all day for a fix. I tried everything I think. My problem is I have a ear force x12 headset I use it for my laptop. My laptop has one jack that is headphones/microphone and I only have to plug the green audio in and the usb and it use to work fine. I could hear audio thru the headphone and use the headphones MIC with no problems. Not fully sure what has happen but now the MiC does not work. When I am in the sound setting under recording devices it's there. If I have only the green pluged it witch works as a MiC jack aswell it shows connected but right when I plug in the usb to power the headphones the MiC stops working. Use to work fine. Now it's messing up. Any ideas?

2. Grey03

Grey03

First Name:
    Benjo
    Try updating the Audio Drivers.

3. Mrcookies13

Iv already done that. I even went as far as completely redoing my PC

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  5. Mrcookies13

It has always worked with just the green and the usb plugged in. I was able to use the headset and MIC with just the usb and green plug.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1197133

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice