Headphones not working right

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mrcookies13

Hello. I been searching all day for a fix. I tried everything I think. My problem is I have a ear force x12 headset I use it for my laptop. My laptop has one jack that is headphones/microphone and I only have to plug the green audio in and the usb and it use to work fine. I could hear audio thru the headphone and use the headphones MIC with no problems. Not fully sure what has happen but now the MiC does not work. When I am in the sound setting under recording devices it's there. If I have only the green pluged it witch works as a MiC jack aswell it shows connected but right when I plug in the usb to power the headphones the MiC stops working. Use to work fine. Now it's messing up. Any ideas?

Mrcookies13

So the headset has a green, pink and a USB connector.

You are expected to plug in all three for it to work, not just the green audio jack and the USB power connector.

You need something like this
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com...&qid=1455420925&sr=1-2&keywords=trrs+splitter
plugged into the 1 port on the laptop, then the green audio and pink mic get plugged into that.
It has always worked with just the green and the usb plugged in. I was able to use the headset and MIC with just the usb and green plug.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online