1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Heads up!

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Skivvywaver, Jan 28, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver Thread Starter

We are all with you bro. If you allowed email from the forum I would have done for you what you did for me, let you know we are thinking of you.

You are a good friend Jack, and I can't wait until you are back. Until you return, just knowing your friends are waiting for you makes it easier. I know that for a fact. ;)

Hang in there buddy, and remember. I got a timeout for pretty much the same thing as did our girl Moonie. Like the joke says, a good friend will sit in the cell with you and say "wow, that was great". ;) (y)

2. Laura87

Laura87

Agreed - the devil's advocate but a voice of reason. I like is style.

3. moonmist

moonmist

Hi Jack !!!!!

Must you do EVERYTHING I do :rolleyes:

..........just teasin ya. ............. see ya in a few days!!(y)

4. Skivvywaver

LOL, I have to do everything you do Moonie. Smiling Jack just wants to be with the "in crowd".

Ya know, I would think after as much crap someone would take a look at the source. How many of us have to take punishment before the source is stopped for good?

Too bad nobody in charge seems to notice huh? :rolleyes:

5. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Smilin' Jack my CivDeb buddy and friend: :( So sorry you got the ol' 48 hour time-out...:( One thing positive did come out of the ordeal...that thread got closed! (y) ;)

I'll be thinking of you and that *KISS* you're holding onto for me some day! ;) :D And of course I'll miss you in CivDeb! :( Think Spring and motorcycles!! (y) :) *HUGS*

Hi Sis...Scott...Laura! :)

6. wacor

wacor Banned

Way to take one for the team Jack.

There seems to be a pattern here where somebody is causing others to get time outs which hopefully will be considered in the future.

I guess I will probably have to be the next one to take the hit if it comes to that.

7. Skivvywaver

Yep, your turn Bill. :D

Keep this thread rolling, support our friend. (y)

8. clhcpa

clhcpa Banned

Stoner --

Not quite sure why you're in timeout too --- but I guess it's not for me to know.

We'll be here when you get back. Thanks for defending me multiple times!(y)

clhcpa

[​IMG]

9. wacor

wacor Banned

You got it Skivvy. (y)

Although I did take a self imposed one on the alpha thread.

Yeah, a lot of good that did. :p :p

What the blip was I thinking. :eek: :p :p :D :D

10. angelize56

Here you go Jack...have a couple on me! ;) :D [​IMG][​IMG]

11. angelize56

And [​IMG] to us all! :)

12. iltos

iltos

methinks it's important that this question gets answered
    the simple one is that ciber warned them both yesterday, and neither one was able to stop.....

but personally, there is a deeper reason to this mess...if you've followed my posts, and my decision to allow the alpha thread to become somewhat more personal, you might have some understanding of my thinking

if not....here it the long and short of it (i dunno if i can do "short" here, tho, Bill...sorry :eek: )

everybody who starts a thread in CD has some agenda...most are neither as concious or as duplicitous (my opinion) as shamou's efforts....and this is what has gotten under everyone's skin

but the truth of the rules here are that nobody has to listen to a word he says (he is not trolling the threads, posting his "wisdom" at every opprotunity), nobody has to try and discuss anything with him, and those who want to are free to drop into his "lesson" and enjoy it however they want....

we who have arrived at our conclusions about who and what shamou is all about have no right to expect that our view of acceptable behavior force his elimination from this community....in the same way that others who think that a PG13 guideline should be universally applied to everyone as a G guideline, because that is what THEY want.

regardless of what we think, he has violated no rules (and believe me, i've looked at this from a number of angles, and discussed it with several other mods)

bottom line, then, is that he has a right to a thread, with whatever agenda he chooses to put in it....and he has the same rights as other members re: ignoring people and reporting stuff

so....if he chooses to leave...fine

but he won't.....this is just another oddball form of validation for him, i'd wager....and i'd expect him to comeback playing hardball....strictly by the rules

which he has every right to do.....

frankly, i'd have to admire him for that, if that is his "new paradigm" here....one thing can be said for ray's style....it's tenacious and focused on his product, and he takes a great deal of personal responsiblity for its realization.

and so, we too, must take a great deal of personal responsbility for what we want here....for me, its the atmosphere of this community, it's outrageous style and it's assemblage of personalities...and what i see here is that if we can't let shamou have his little empire, his thread with its message and those few who DON'T see it as a shell game, who enjoy whatever it is he's saying.....if we can't just go on with the stuff that we like about this place, and let shamou go on with the stuff that he likes.....that both the style here and the people here are gonna end up being hurt.

and i've said it before....ya can't blame ray for that.....

or, if you insist on blaming him for it all, then you are missing the whole point of the guidelines and the importance of personal responsibility to them.

and you are helping to undo this place...

ray is playing his game....don't help him :(

13. clhcpa

clhcpa Banned

Well, thanks for picking me to reply to!:eek: Always gotta pick on the newbie~:mad:

;) ;) Got your message loud and clear, oh great Mod one.:) I will think on it.l

[​IMG]

14. wacor

wacor Banned

Iltos despite the length of your post I think I made sense. At least I did not have to sober up to understand it. :p :D

You stated that very well.

This is a sticky wicket as they say because under the letter of the law so to speak, (And by the way where has the sheriff been in all this mess the last day??:D ) Ray did not violate the rules of spamming.

He did not go into other threads and interfere but he did knowingly and I might say defyingly post multiple threads that dealt with the same core issues. IMO

There has been much said about community in regard to Ray and his position. I have no idea what his true motives are but his defiance has been front and center that he does not care about community.

I will finish by saying how many times do people need to get time outs before it becomes clear as to who is the problem. But then we have gone over that in many ways before.

15. iltos

iltos

LOL, clhcpa....actually, it's a compliment(y) ....you're always direct and to the point in your posts

and you know it was for everybody involved (even jack...hi, jack :) )

and to me, too....i got just as caught up in my version of "trying to make it right" as anyone :eek:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539167

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice