1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Headset mic has stopped working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Robadob, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robadob

Robadob Thread Starter

I have a Speedlink Medusa 5.1 headset and Asus Xonar DS sound card and they've both been great ever since I bought them, but yesterday I turned on my PC and my microphone wasn't working. I tried it with Ventrilo and the windows sound recorder but neither of them picked up any sound.
    In the windows input devices the microphone is still ticked and is "working" but obviously it is not. I have made sure it isn't muted and that is selected in the Xonar DS control panel and I've tried a system restore but still nothing.
    I havn't changed any settings or installed any new hardware recently so that shouldn't be a problem. I've tried my headset in a different PC and it works fine, I've also plugged a different mic into my pc but it didn't work either.
    I had to transport my pc in the back of my car a few days ago and I've got a feeling that some connection might have come lose during transport, but I wouldn't have a clue where to start when fixing it.
    Any help would be appreciated,
    Rob

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/877914

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice