1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Headset mic relaying headset audio (stereo mix disabled)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dustinator2, Dec 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dustinator2

dustinator2 Thread Starter

I can't figure out how to fix this. I noticed that, when I'm watching a video, my headset's mic will relay the audio coming into my headset. Disabling Stereo Mix doesn't fix it. The physical controller that's on my headset cable doesn't stop it from happening, as even if I turn the volume knob all the way down and flick the mute switch, it's still picking up the audio. Muting my headset from within the computer stops the mic from hearing it, as does switching to my speakers that are plugged into the front jack. My headset is a 3.5mm jack type plugged into the back of the computer, directly into the motherboard.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    What hardware are you using? Do you have any third party audio software involved? There is other software which can function similar to Stereo Mix as well as some communication/chat apps.

3. dustinator2

dustinator2 Thread Starter

It's a Kotion G2000 Headset, INTEL® CORE™ I5-6500, GIGABYTE H170M DS3H LGA 1151 DDR4 PCIEx16 PCIEx4 2PCIEX1 USB 3.0 SATA 6 CrossFire mATX Motherboard, Corsair Carbide Series 100R Silent Edition Black Case ATX 2X5.25 4X3.5 Front USB3.0 Audio No PSU

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    First and foremost, it's very likely not the mic "relaying" the headset audio. As with Stereo Mix (or What you Hear for Creative users), audio sharing is usually done via software. Some third party voice chat applications have the ability to share computer audio.

You could try performing a Clean Boot, that will stop all software from running at startup. If it then works normally, you will know it is an issue with software that you have installed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1183129

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice