Headset Mic works through the hearing part and not the mic

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Flash6482

So I have an asus rog strix b550-f gaming wifi motherboard and when I use a splitter jack or plug the headset in the mic jack, my mic goes picks up sound from the hearing part (where sound comes out from a headset). I cannot seem to find a fix and its really annoying

Desktop
Lime - Audio out left/right
Orange - Microphone

Laptop
Connector - Combo Audio out left/right & Microphone

How you connect that to your headset depends upon how your headset is wired.
If your headset has separate speaker & mic cables you plug these in accordingly.
If your headset has a combo speaker & mic cable you need a splitter that breaks this into separate mic and speaker cables.

My laptop has a single combined speaker/mic connector. My desktop has separate connections like you do. My headset works with both because it comes with a separate splitter. I use the headset without the splitter with my laptop. I use the headset with the splitter with my desktop.

cwwozniak

Chuck
If the problem is when using the front panel jacks on the computer case, make sure that the headphone and microphone jacks are properly connected to the motherboard's front panel audio header.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts