1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Headset microphone not being picked up by laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CyroZentaku, Oct 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyroZentaku

CyroZentaku Thread Starter

I am using a headset with a microphone that plugs into a little jack port, just like normal MP3 headphones do. I plugged into the one with the microphone icon and everything, I'm not a huge noob with computers, and this headset works on my HP Desktop computer, but when I plug it into the Laptop, it seems the computer doesn't noticed that I plugged it in, and instead uses the defualt microphone (a little whole above my computer screen.... which is complete crap, as people have trouble hearing me talk on skype with it.) Can someone PLEASE help me!? I'm running Windows XP! This is driving me crazy!

Oh and it's a ACER laptop (not sure what model. :\)

2. dai

dai

see if it needs setting to headphones in windows sounds

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1071676

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice