Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Headset Microphone starts breaking up

698 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Tony1995 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have a USB Plantronics Headset Microphone. It starts out working fine, but soon people on Skype calls tell me the sound is breaking up. I've also tried the 3.5mm jack Headset Mics. My PC does not have Bluetooth.

1) Could the issue be the sound card?

2) If I buy a USB bluethooth adapter might that fix the issue (I bought one, but it did not connect to Bluetooth for me), any recomendations on a Bluetooth adapter?

Thanks.

#3 ·
Yes, I've tried with several microphones. One was bluetooth. All had the same issue. I agree, it might the the sound card or maybe my usb ports are old (2.0 or 1.1 not sure which I'm checking that too ) and not fast enough. Was hoping it was a setting issue. Thanks.

#4 ·
Sorry, I missed some of that information the first time that I read the post.

USB doesn't use the audio chipset (ie: sound card). The fact that both traditional 3.5mm hardware (which does use the sound card) and USB hardware (which does not use the sound card) are all having the same problem would lead me to believe it's a software issue (ie: Skype). Or the cpu is maxxed out performing another activity (such as gaming). Audio is low priority, so when the system starts hitting its limits, audio is one of the first things to get dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.