Headset not being recognized

osully13

i can hear audio through my headset but my laptop wont recognize that its a headset to begin with, the mic wont work and theres no "headset" option pop-up anymore (like there used to be) this started after i uninstalled the 7.1 surround sound thing from my laptop and reinstalled it. But it could also be from me deleting and reinstalling my audio driver or something because my laptop speakers werent working at all (there was a red x on the volume thingy and it said something like "there is no speaker or headset connected" or whatever it says). My headset is just not being detected so the fact that i can hear audio out of it at all is weird... theres no "headset" option on the dropdown menu or audio output/input menu in sound settings. these screenshots are WITH my headset plugged in and able to pick up audio. the headset picks up audio even when i have my speakers selected (rather than 7.1 surround sound which used to have to be selected). help

Attachments

managed

Allan
Hi and welcome to TSG,

At the 2nd screenshot try selecting 'Hi definition audio device' and see if that makes any difference.

osully13

Hi and welcome to TSG,

At the 2nd screenshot try selecting 'Hi definition audio device' and see if that makes any difference.
it doesnt change anything, if i have "7.1" selected then i can only hear through my headset (not through my speakers when i unplug the headset) but when i have :high definition audio device selected" which usually would ONLY work on my SPEAKERS and not my headset, it works on both.

osully13

Hi and welcome to TSG,

to add on to my last reply, before this all started the option would say "headset 7.1 surround sound realtek" or something like that, now theres no mention of realtek and it says "speakers 7.1 surround sound" instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online