1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Headset not working, front ports not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by frozencube, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frozencube

frozencube Thread Starter

Hey
    Today i just bought some ear phones, with a connected mouth piece. Problem is that my two front ports are dodgy for the microphone and headphones. So if i put the jacks from my headset into the back, i have to take out my speaker input.. Is there any way i can have the speakers in, and the headset and revert back to each without going at the back and changing them? Any help appreciated
    Thanks

2. longuriel

longuriel

First, its possible inside your computer case, there is just a loose cable that is causing the problem with the front jacks on your computer. Check inside, right behind where the earphone jack is for a cord running to somewhere on your motherboard or Sound card.

If that dosn't work,
    Do you have a CD/DVD player with a earphone jack and have you tried that?
    Assuming its the port that is bad itself and not just loose, you could check in at radio shack, bestbuy, or newegg.com for a cord that splits the output. If you get lucky you might find one with a chanel select that will allow you to swap which recieves the output.

The other option, from radio shack I got a Bluetooth USB adapter for $20 and a good pair of BT earphones, again purchased online for cheap (I recommend samsung BT500 earphones).

Another alternative, my speakers have a earphone jack in them as well (the computer speakers, as well as the reciever I currently have my sound card plugged into).

If you have a quality home theater set up, for $80 on new egg you can pick up a good soundcard with optical, Coax, and AV out which you plug into your home entertainment center that again will allow you to use headphones.

Good Luck

3. KraZi

KraZi

ait.. i opened my case and tried 2 connect the cords. Nothing has changed, the front ports are still faulty. I dont want to buy another headset as this is just new and they are awesome. Are there any adaptors i can put from a usb port that has a mic in jack and a speaker in jack?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/831337

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice