Headset & Speakers is it possable?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bobcoolos

I have a sound blaster Audigy 2 zs and i would like to know it it is possable to have my speakers hooked up and have a headset work at the same time. So that i wont have to unplug one or the other and use them.

Thanks,
~Da Bob~

G'day bobcoolos, it is possible but you may need to make an adaptor to actually do it.
The audio output is from a 3.5MM jack socket, so that is left and right channel.
What your need to do is to make a "Y" adapter with one plug and two sockets.
You may be able to get a readymade adapter from Tandy or one of those places.
The output at that socket is only low level so there should be no loading problems but you may require another stereo amplifier to increase your headset audio levels.
This might well be another stereo speaker set and use the amplified output headset jack on them.
Cheers, qldit.

you can get a splitter and a head phone wire extender then plug it into the back of your pc

G'day Bobcoolos, I hate to show my inferior knowledge base here but I was not aware there was such a thing as a USB headset. I will be interested in how that might work.
I do feel one of my son's will be interested in that, there is nothing worse than being attacked by screaming aliens after midnight whilst you are sleeping when he inadvertantly unplugs his headset.
I have to keep a laser blaster under my pilllow! (LOL)
Cheers, qldit.

bobcoolos

qldit said:
G'day Bobcoolos, I hate to show my inferior knowledge base here but I was not aware there was such a thing as a USB headset. I will be interested in how that might work.
I do feel one of my son's will be interested in that, there is nothing worse than being attacked by screaming aliens after midnight whilst you are sleeping when he inadvertantly unplugs his headset.
I have to keep a laser blaster under my pilllow! (LOL)
Cheers, qldit.
Here is the one i was looking at on newegg.com
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826106937
Im not sure how it works exactly but it seems to be a good solution my problem at a cost. But i have fairly deep pockets. : D

If you are interested in a differnt USB Headset/mic for your son heres a link to USB Head set results......
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ice=&MaxPrice=&SubCategory=70&Submit=Property

Well that is interesting stuff, newegg don't ship internationally so that is out.
I will probably be in Hong Kong in a few weeks for a couple of days, I will have to have a look around.
Here in Brisbane these things take a while to appear.
I will have to find out how they work, it really is intriguing.
I really am amazed that amplified sound can be routed through USB's, I wouldn't have imagined it as being possible.
You never know, they will probably put a man in space one of these days. (LOL)
Cheers and thanks for the info, qldit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online