1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Heat Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aavion, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aavion

aavion Thread Starter

Hi, I'm on a Dell Latitude laptop right now and the heat issue is driving me crazy. The average temperature is about 60-70C, usually even going up to 80C when it's really hot. This makes it so that whenever I'm playing games on it, the computer will sacrifice speed to clock down on the temperature, and I get extremely bad lag, making it impossible for me to play at all.

Can anyone explain why my computer is so hot, and give me some suggestions as to how to fix it? Is there any possible way to stop the computer from sacrificing the speed in order to cool itself down?

Thanks in advance

BTW, the fan is always on high, yet the temperature is still very high..

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    have you tried cleaning the vents out - seen a few laptops fixed with temp problems here - by cleaning

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Not surprising that when you are working the laptop hard that it gets hotter, gaming stresses all the hardware in the laptop.

You can get cooling pads to put under the laptop to keep it cooler. Do a search on Google for Laptop Cooling Pads, you should find several different models and some reviews on how they work.

Of course if the vents are blocked are there is no space around the laptop then address that first.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484838

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice