Heat Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PEACEYALL

Hello all,
Most of the times now, my computer just powers-off for no reason, and i think its a heat problem. It happens on both linux and windows but happens more on linux. And it just powers off when im doing someting or writing something or listening or w/e. So is there any way to fix this problem in both linux and windows. Thank You for your help.

Im using an Acer Ferrari 3000.
AMD Athlon
Windows XP
And linux is a debian distrobution.

If it happens in both Linux and Windows, then it must be a physical issue, as you suggest.

Have you tried using canned air to clear out the air vents? A dust build up can cause problems.

PEACEYALL

OK, ill but a compressed can of air to clean of the dust. And ill post teh results tomorow or after. Thankx

crjdriver

If you suspect a heat issue, have you checked your temps in the bios?

Have you pulled the side cover and checked that all fans are running?

Another common problem causing reboots is a poor quality / failing power supply. When you have the side cover off, check the brand and wattage of the ps. Post your results.

PEACEYALL

OK, well here are my results:

Everything went ok and there is no dust at all. And i tried it on windows and my computer never shutsdown. But on linux it still happens

What do u suggest i do now?

crjdriver

What were the temps in the bios? It will be under something like pc health or voltages; something like that. Each bios is a little different.

crjdriver

BTW if the cpu fan is connected to the correct fan header, it will show the fan rpm in the same place.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online