1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

heating

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by carnie, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carnie

carnie Thread Starter

okay...few questions here. first off....do SATA hard drives need their own cooling fans? I bought OEM and this is the first time i've used sata, so...yeah. been having some heating problems in my computer and random annoying issues with crashes. Also, as far as circulation goes...i have five fans; two in the back, one in front, one on the side and one on top. how would you recommend placing them as far as blowing in / out is concerned?

thanks.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I actually recommend no more than one intake fan, and I don't have any on my systems. I use a pair of fans high on the back, as well as the P/S fan, and the machines run cooler than when I had one or two intake fans. If you have a processor cooling issue and you have a side fan blowing directly on it, I'd leave that one.

3. carnie

carnie Thread Starter

processor runs fine. video card has some troubles, but I'm getting a PCI cooling fan for that later this week.

but you're saying I should have them all blowing out?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271021

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice