Heavy Hitting New build restarts no matter what

blackdragon0120

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18362, Installed 20201017004642.000000-240
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0, CPU Count: 24
Total Physical RAM: 32 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (512 GB Free); D: 931 GB (931 GB Free); E: 0 GB (0 GB Free); F: 1862 GB (1860 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI), ver Rev X.0x, s/n 200771473001623
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n System Serial Number
Antivirus: Malwarebytes

i have done everything i can think of. I have reinstalled windows, upgraded psu's, fans, run checks, there is no reason this computer should be restarting. none. Help Psu is a Corsair 1200HXI, the nvme's are sabrent rocket pcie 4.0 1tb... help!

crjdriver

I checked the support page for your motherboard and there are numerous bios updates that address M.2 stability. Are you running the latest bios? If not, I would update. Note the ONLY way I ever update a bios on an asus board is by using EZFlash which is a utility built into the bios itself. IMO updating from a windows based program is just asking for a problem. Also check the support page for your M.2. There may be a firmware update for the drive itself.

Next what are your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values? There is monitoring software available on the support page for your board. This is called dual intelligent processors; it is part of the Asus suite and under the utility section of downloads. Install this and post the above referenced info. Do this twice. Once under a normal load and again while running a stress test. Use any of the following for the stress test; prime95, OCCT, or Realbench. Let the stress test run for at least two min to stabilize temps/voltages. Post screenshots of DIPs showing both conditions. Here is a link to the support page for your board;
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-Crosshair-VIII-Hero

Next have you tested ram? If not, do so. Use memtest to test the ram. Let memtest run for at least 1hr to see if there are any errors. Link for memtest https://www.memtest.org/

If you decide to update the bios, be sure you read and fully understand the flashing procedure. While a bios update is not difficult, an incorrect flash can render your board unbootable ie junk. At least the crosshair boards have the bios flashback utility which makes it pretty easy to recover a bios if something goes wrong.

Nice selection of parts.

crjdriver

BTW I had a crosshair hero VI board a while ago. Very nice board with great onboard sound. The high end asus boards are excellent. Gave that to my kid along with a 2700X. Never had a problem with the board and it overclocked very well.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online