HEEELP! No programs appearing on taskbar at all!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RidinIt

If anyone can help me at all, I would be SOOOO grateful!!!

I am using Windows XP here - and installed my windows updates as usual on Friday, on restarting my PC however, I am unable to see any taskbar icons for open (running or minimised) programs!

So for example, you can start WORD, and nothing appears on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen!! It's not HUGE, but I can't flick between my open programs as easily as I could before..and my fingers are starting to hurt from ALT-TAB'ing!!! :(

Also, I noticed some weirdness occuring with the LANGUAGE TOOLBAR..it appears that if I close the language toolbar, my taskbar and start button disappear completely!!!!! :( ANY IDEAS!??

RidinIt

also, just tried running the XP CD repair function, and it hangs at a C:\WINDOWS prompt...! :(

This is a dumb idea... But I've seen the quicklaunch bar resize itself to be the full width of the taskbar, taking up the space the running taskbar icons would be.

RidinIt

mtown_onsite said:
This is a dumb idea... But I've seen the quicklaunch bar resize itself to be the full width of the taskbar, taking up the space the running taskbar icons would be.
Thanks for your reply!!!

No, not dumb at all...in fact, there is the dotted line (as if you can change the size of something) right next to the start button and at the over end of the taskbar, but clicking them and dragging does NOTHING! :(

When you minimise a window, it appears to disappear down BEHIND the START button, so this would seem it could be what has happened, but HOW can i change the bar's layout if dragging won't work!?? :)

run adaware and spybot if you don't have them already[free at links below] as a starter.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online