1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Helllp

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by bradofcanada, Dec 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bradofcanada

bradofcanada Thread Starter

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me how to get ie to recognise my
    internet connection.

I have dsl and some programs will not notice im on line.

Thanks a Bunch
    and Merry Christmas to all

2. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

I have a dialup connection and recently formatted and reinstalled. I have the abilbity through my ISP to automatically connect whenever I need to.
    However, this install, IE would not recognize that connection. I got the Try Again or Work Offline message. Very annoying. I did everyting and nothing worker until I found this method.
    If you have multiple users, this won't work because the file you are going to rename loads the profile information when the Browser is started.
    Also, when you try to repair IE it will tell you that it cannot be repaired because this file is missing. When that happens, rename it back and the repair function will work. Afterwards, redo the entire process including the registry change.

Here it is:
    Find Loadwc.exe and rename it DoNotLoadwc.exe

Step Two:
    GO to start>run and type regedit. Press enter
    Navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WebCheck
    In the right pane look for these two entries:
    LoadSens
    LoadLCE

Double click on them, one at a time. Change the value to No.
    It will read Yes or Auto.

Now see if IE recognizes your connection.

3. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

I should mention that as a first step, go to Internet Options>connections and be sure that Never Dial a Connection is selected.

4. bradofcanada

Ok i think it fixed that prob but other programs wont recognize the connection.For instance im trying to down load netscape 6 and it says i dont have a connection as well as a couple others.Any ideas?

5. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

That is the only one I know of. If other prorams are not recognizing your connection, you may have a bigger issue. I am not familiar with dsl and don't know what else to suggest.
    Do post any other details you have such as which programs you are using that won't recognize the connection. Also, do you get a message ? If so , are you able to click on it to establish the connection?

6. bradofcanada

Well as i say that netscape 6 installer wont run and a program called techtracker.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62590

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice