Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello. I have an interesting question...

758 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RandyG 
#1 ·
Is there a way to block someone from booting up a computer?

(I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this question.)

I have an individual who frequently spends time at my house, and I do not want her to have access to this computer. I'm sure there is a way to do it, but I don't know how. I've tried going to the CMOS screen on start up and setting a password there - It didn't work. I can't remember if there is a password command that can go into a DOS .bat file.

I have an Intel Pentium III, 500 MHz processor. The "brand" name is Pionex. I'm not sure of the motherboard type.

I would appreciate any insite on this problem. Thanks in advance.

[This message has been edited by splatt123 (edited 07-10-2000).]

See less See more
#3 ·
Right now, I can't set a password for her to get around. That's my problem.

I tried setting one from the CMOS setup screen. When I input the password for the supervisor and user, only the supersivor password is recognized... and that's after you hit the DEL key to get to the setup screen. I don't see a hint of where a user password would be inserted into the startup sequence.

#4 ·
Welcome splatt123,

Just below where you set the Supervisor and User Password, there should be an option for "Password on Boot". Make sure this is enabled. It will go just past the screen where you can eneter the Setup, then ask for the password. No password, no progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.