1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hello TSG members

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by LANMaster, Jan 10, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned Thread Starter

As a brand spankin' new member here, (2nd day and about 20 posts already) I wish to personally thank Mulder for sticking his neck out to keep this site useful, helpful, respectable, and fun.

I have only read about 1% of the posts here but that's over 100 I'm sure. It is easy to see who the regulars are, and who's just passing through for some friendly advice. I had intended to be part of the latter group, but found that the wealth of information and humor here has me feeling as if I have just started another bad habit. LOL So I had no choice but to share some time with all y'all.

I have also found that it is satisfying to help someone out, if I can, with a software issue.

I'm an old DOS guy. Built 8086's and 8088's in my garage back in the late 80's. I hated Windows when it first came out but I was quite naive and ignorant to the fact that the hardware would catch up. And BOY did it!

After a while, I'd like to get some help adding a little animated icon like all you regulars have. Can I use my own? Or is there a list of GIF files here to choose from?

::cool:

P.S. I may be in Arkansas, but I was raised a California surfer dude, so please understand there's some culture mixin' going on with me. LOL

Good day,

2. faith

faith

Hi Mike! I'm sure you'll find Random terribly addictive. Post your picture and Rhett might just add you to the Rumor Mill someday. After 100 posts you can have a custom avatar. You can use your own custom gif but it can't be larger than 50 X 50. See you around the boards. (Don't get involved with that fun game. They're a bad lot. ;))

3. valley

valley

Hi Mike. You'll like it here, i'm sure. I was just passing through about 6 weeks ago myself. I still dont know what hit me! I'm here for awhile. Hope you stick around. :)

4. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

Welcome to TSG LANMaster!

You are now hooked just like the rest of us! :D

As far as the aimated icon, once you have enough posts (can't remember how many) you can upload your own.

THere may be some parameters on size, but that's the only thing I can think of.

Hope you enjoy yourself here! :D

John

5. littlemar

littlemar

So welcome to the surfer dude with the gun rack in his truck. Now you've gone and done it - you can never leave. Enjoy yourself and thanks for helping. We can always use the extra help. ;)

I'm one of the old timers and have been here for a while. :eek:

6. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

Hiya LANMaster ... I posted this question to you in the Bomb Iraq thread... guess you missed it, so here it is again ...
    :)

7. n2gun

n2gun

Welcome to TSG and Random.!

You are hooked now and can never escape.:D :D :D

As you probably have seen it is very addictive. Enjpy yourself and definitely join in and have some fun.:)

8. jimi

jimi

22 posts and 10 are in random, it's not looking good for you:eek:

now a word of advise i'd leave the word spankin, OUT of any future posts, surprise Candices radar isn't going crazy already

enjoy your internment

and mar is an old timer, so as the new guy it's you job to dust her off periodically:D

9. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

lol jimi ... Candy has just now reappeared in Random... her senses are fine tuned for sure, for sure!! :)

10. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Ah, that's what that noise was :p :p

11. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

12. eggplant43

eggplant43 A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten

Welcome aboard Lanny. Most of the 50,000+ members have been smart enough never to post here, clearly you weren't, so as others have said, you're stuck.;) It is imperative that you spend 24/7 here, so that you don't miss anything;) Enjoy!

13. Firediver

Firediver

Welcome LANMaster.
    How the heck did a dude like you end up in AR?
    As you can see we are a friendly lot and tend not to bite to often nor too hard. Glad your here and willing to lend a hand when you can.
    Enjoy your stay and watch out for the monkey in the Tavern, he can be a real pain.

FD

14. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned Thread Starter

Is this avatar in use by anyone?

If so, I want to change it.

Thanks for the very warm welcome!

15. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Welcome to TSG! :D Take care. angel :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!