1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by sirdeth, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. goleafsgo7

goleafsgo7

How do I disable it? I have Norton AntiVirus 2007.

2. moojess

moojess

i have tried everything you guys say to do but i still can't watch youtube videos what is going on? how else can i fix it? Thanks for helping.:p

3. Hoy!

Hoy!

How I finally got mine working (at last).

I uninstalled flash player using adobe's uninstaller.
    Run regedit and deleted macromedia in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MACROMEDIA.
    Downloaded an older version of flash player (flash player 8) from adobes archives... http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14266&sliceId=2

Walaa! You might wanna give this a try. Good luck!

:D

4. newfiebella

newfiebella

1. Try completely uninstalling the Flash Player, and then reinstalling the most recent version. For instructions about how to "completely" uninstall a Flash Player, read this Adobe Help article. If you don't have a Flash player installed or you have just uninstalled the Flash player, download and install the latest Adobe Flash Player, which is available at the Adobe Flash Player Download Center.
    Clear your browser cache and cookies on your computer.

For Windows Vista Users: If the flash uninstall reinstall does not work this maybe due to a Microsoft Windows Vista permissions issue. Please use the Windows button at the bottom left then the search function:
    • Go to: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\
    • Right-click on the following file: FlashUtil9b.exe or FlashUtil9e.exe
    • Select "Run as Administrator" and install the update.
    • Restart your computer.
    I am running Vista and was able to use youtube and so on but one day I could not it was like it for months till I came across this magic fixit lol it worked for me

good luck and hope this helps

5. amcc7

amcc7

hey i signed up just to say thanks...your awesome dude

6. ol'Sneaky

ol'Sneaky

I got an e-mail that had a youtube screen in it. and got this message "javascipt turned off or an old version of flash player. So like a dummy I clicked on the download. This messed my entire system up. I run vista home premium 32. I have run spybot s&d which removed part of whatever it downloaded. Avg scans turn up a blue screen telling me to turn off shadowing and cacheing. I have looked everywhere and found no way to turn off shadowing. Whenever i try to run the avg and spybot I get this blue screen. I have to reboot every time or it keeps switching etween load screen and blue screen. I am not a computer genius and know very little about programming. Any suggestions would be appreciated. windows maliciuos software tool does the same thing.

7. johngilbertson

johngilbertson

Thanks for this information. It took me a few minutes to solve this frustrating problem based on the information provided by daskazine.

Many Thanks

John Gilbertson
    Independent Arbonne Skin Care Consultant
    www.men.myarbonne.com.au

8. bigaitch

bigaitch

I saw this one and thought........ problem solved. I was wrong. I followed the link, the file downloaded in no time, problem is I cant find where it has been saved to so I can install it.

Any ideas?

I found the install in windows/system32/macromed/flash, installed it from there and it works like a dream. Thanks.

Rory88888 has started a new thread asking the self same question, I posted this solution there for him.

9. centaur

centaur

Just fixed this "Hello" message from youtube, and thought I'd share.
    My problem started when my husband decided to delete the Norton stuff that came with our isp. Problem is, he deleted the whole thing, isp & all.
    Finally got the isp back, but then the error messages started. Not just youtube, but other sites that required flash . And it was just when I logged onto the comp in my name; it worked fine when logging on in his name.
    Tried all of the solutions; nothing worked. So finally, I used a free registgry cleaner, then used the subincal tool from Adobe along with the reset_minimal and everything is fine now.
    Although the solution says it is for if you can't download flash because of permission problems, it worked for my problem.
    Did not redownload flash player as I already had the latest version.
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=fb1634cb
    I put the subincal tool into the reset_minimal folder inside of the windows tool folder. Didn't work until I did this.
    Truth is, I don't know if it was the registry cleaner or the stuff from Adobe that did the trick.
    I used the free Glary Registry Repair. Google for it, if you would like to try this.

10. dimplz10

dimplz10

Hey Guys,
    I've tried EVERYTHING, as per all previous posts by users and have deleted, uninstalled/installed amongst other things but am STILL coming up with the same error and not being able to view you tube, can someone pls advise what i may be doing wrong or something else i can try???

11. DJJayito

DJJayito

I have tried EVERYTHING within this forum, including the RESET MINIMAL thing. I still cannot get YOUTUBE to play in IE 7.0. I don't know if this is a VISTA (Protected Mode) issue or what? I NEED HELP! I cannot stand Firefox. I want to use Internet Explorer. SOMEONE HAS TO HAVE HAD SUCCESS WITH THE "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player" error message.

DJ Jayito
    [email protected]
    www.jayito.com

12. wrcguy

wrcguy

I tried every single solution I found here, but none of them worked. Two days ago youtube was working fine, but yesterday morning I got the same old message. Flash has been reinstalled like 20 times since then, cookies and everything like that have been deleted. Embedded videos do work.
    Any help would be appreciated.

13. maestro1111

maestro1111

If you have tried EVERY fix on the internet like I have and still cannot fix the Flash/Java problem on Youtube, try this simple fix. It worked for me and I couldn't believe it!

1 - Close out of the program in which you are trying to run the video.
    2 - Go to Program Files and find the file that opens the program you just closed out of and RIGHT-CLICK it.
    3 - Now select "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

That's it. After trying all the fixes explained in this an every other forum, this 3-step solution worked for me.

Of course, you will have to do this every time you close out of the program and run it again. If you leave the program open, it should work every time, assuming you have all the other mentioned fixes in place.

Best of luck. I know how frustrating this is. I hope I have helped someone out there.

14. dawsa

dawsa

This sod had me working from 9am to 5pm!!! one day you tube fine the next day... "java script turned off..bla...bla....bla...."
    I had followed daskarzines superb instructions (thanks) still nothing then after reading you tube- help they mentioned right at bottom of page if all else fails, a last resort would be find out what graphics card you have & download new driver from manufacturer.
    Got straight on to nvidia for new geforce 6600gt driver loaded it, removed all traces of old flash and java before downloading again, in short work you tube works fine now, could have been new graphics driver or daskarzines patch??, either way very happy, Thanks for the help.

15. Emurian

Emurian

I signed up to thank a year old post from o00Caedus. Since my Symantec firewall interpereted youtube videos as Ad's, I opened my firewall accessed the Ad blocking feature, configured it to allow all popups from www.youtube.com by adding a permit all string. It finally fixed this problem which I had been obsessing with for weeks.

Try it to fix your "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash." message and enjoy youtube videos.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!