Helo

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

miamimac

My computer shut down and now when i try to boot up it doesn't. i tried to use the windows start up disk to no avail.

I'm have Windows XP.

The screen is displaying the following information then getting stuck:

Award Medallion BIOS v6.0, An Energy Star Ally
copyright (c) 1984-2001, Award Software Inc.

ASUS A7S333 ACPI BIOS Revision 1003
AMD Athlon (TM) XP 1900+
Memory Test: 524288k OK

Award Plug and Play BIOS Extension v1.0A
Initialize Plug and Play Cards...
PNP Init Completed

Detecting Primary Master...IC35L080AVVA07-0
Detecting Primary Slave.... None
Detecting Secondary Master... LITEON DVD ROM LTD 163
Detecting Secondary Slave... PLEXTOR CD-R PX-W4012A_ (cursor blinking)

Press DEL to enter Setup, Alt-F2 to enter POST flash utility
04/29/2002-SIS745/IT8705F-A7S333

This is all it does. It won't allow me to enter setup or type anything at the cursor. When i hold DEL as it comes on the system seems to freeze. I have a green power button and a red reset button and they both stay lit up if i press a key during the initial start up.

could someone help me out Pllllleeeeeeeaaaasssseee.

crjdriver

I would try clearing cmos [look in your manual for the clear cmos jumper] when doing this make sure you unplug the computer. While you are clearing cmos, check connections on hd cables, power connectors. Make sure the hsf is attached and working.
Now replace the jumper in the normal position and plug in the computer. Bootup and see if you can enter the bios. If you can enter the bios now, load fail safe defaults save and exit. See if your computer will boot now.

miamimac

Resetting clearing the cmos jumpers worked and my computer booted.

Windows started up but it seems to freeze after it start. The icons in the lower right corner will not appear (just the time.....no volume icon, etc....) From then on my computer will not respond to anything. If i try to click on something it will not respond. The windows task manager will open but it operates extremely slow.

thanks for the help so far.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online