1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help ! 68 New Icons on my Desktop

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Izzyblueye, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Izzyblueye

Izzyblueye Thread Starter

I downloaded PWS from a site and got all the icons with it . Is there anyway I can Delete all these icons and leave the PWS in tack ? When I downloaded naturally I got all the Dll files and all along with an icon for each one. Thanks I Appreciate any feed back. I've got 68 new Icons on my Desktop !

2. MadDogMugsy

MadDogMugsy Guest

Hi there

Desktop icons are (usually) shortcuts and (usually) can be deleted ... this does not affect the program and it can be started from your Start/Programs

To double check to see if an icon is indeed a shortcut ...
    there should be a wee white arrow or some such on the lower left of the icon
    or
    just right click on it - go to Properties / General tab ... it will tell you in there

hope this helps
    cheers
    MDM

3. Cowboy622

Cowboy622

Another option is to create a folder on the desktop (right click a blank spot on the desktop>new>folder) Name it PWS and drag all the icons into it. Then you'll only have one folder on the desktop called PWS and all the rest will be contained in it. Just another alternative, but like previously posted, most icons on a desktop are shortcuts and can be deleted without affected the program they represent.

4. Izzyblueye

OK THANKS COWBOY ! I Appreciate the info.Have a Great Day !

5. Jeckler

Jeckler

Sounds to me like you *installed* PWS on your desktop. Simply moving those files most likely will break the program (deleting them is sure to do it). My advice is to uninstall PWS, then reinstall it in a folder on your C: drive, and put a shortcut to the executable on the desktop if it doesn't do it automatically.

6. Izzyblueye

Thank You Jeckler for the Good piece of info ! I really appreciate all the info I can get. You have a Great Day !...Izzy

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116168

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice