Help about laptop crash

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bladerblood44

Hi when I play a big game for my laptop like assassin's Creed I or robolox
Even if robolox isn't that big
The computer crashes and make colors and a strange sound IMG_20200423_194553.jpg

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
That may indicate a problem with the video card or driver.

Is this a brand PC or one you built. If the latter, what video card do you have?

Bladerblood44

Is this a brand PC or one you built. If the latter, what video card do you have?
I have Toshiba satellite pro c660
It has Intel graphics it's the last driver I checked
It wasn't doing this a month ago

Bladerblood44

When I restart it it turns normal but when I play a game it does the same thing

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I forgot to mention that when it does this I can't restart it or close so I plug out the charger and somehow it truns off although the battery is in and it's working
That sounds like a separate issue.

Still, I would recommend reinstalling the driver. Also, try the HP Support Assist / Diagnostics that you should be able to run when the computer is booting up (F12?)

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If the driver reinstall doesn't help that laptop probably uses some of the Ram for graphics so try re-seating the Ram, by taking it out then putting it back.

Touch something metallic like the hard drive with both hands first to remove any static and try to hold the Ram stick(s) at the edges and avoid touching the gold contacts.
This video should help :-

If it still has the problem it may be overheating, can you hear the fan and feel hot air coming out of the vent on the left side when playing a game ? You can try cleaning the fan and it's heatsink yourself by blowing into the vent with a can of air.
If that doesn't help you can dismantle the laptop to check the fan and it's heatsink aren't clogged up, it's quite a long job, this video shows how, the fan is removed at about 7:50 :-

Bladerblood44

If the driver reinstall doesn't help that laptop probably uses some of the Ram for graphics so try re-seating the Ram, by taking it out then putting it back.

Touch something metallic like the hard drive with both hands first to remove any static and try to hold the Ram stick(s) at the edges and avoid touching the gold contacts.
This video should help :-

If it still has the problem it may be overheating, can you hear the fan and feel hot air coming out of the vent on the left side when playing a game ? You can try cleaning the fan and it's heatsink yourself by blowing into the vent with a can of air.
If that doesn't help you can dismantle the laptop to check the fan and it's heatsink aren't clogged up, it's quite a long job, this video shows how, the fan is removed at about 7:50 :-

Thanks IAM sure that would help me

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The only other problem would the the video card ... I am pretty sure that is not replaceable.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
with regards to the battery, if the machine has a diagnostics page before booting to windows, try using that to see what the battery life is. You may also find it in the BIOS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online