1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP acer aspire 5740g bios PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by horbolsi, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. horbolsi

horbolsi Thread Starter

hi. i have a acer aspire 5740G with the i3 330m procesor . a few days ago i wanted to update my bios. i downloader 2 drivers(difetent version) from the acer website for my type of laptop. i installed the first one and all want fine. and by accident i started to install the second driver(a earlier version) and i canceled the process. now my laptop wont stay on. i turn it on, the screen stays black and after a couple of seconds it turn off and than turn back on and so on. it like it want to turn on but something doesn't let it. can any one tell me what could be the problem and if it can be fixed?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    please do not post your question on other peoples thread - i have now deleted them

continue here not in other peoples post

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  4. horbolsi

horbolsi Thread Starter

ok i understand
    can you help me now

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i cant - but others may, i suspect as pip22 replied in the other post

but wait and see who replies

may need a new bios chip or motherboard - rarely do bios need updating unless a major issue is found with the current bios

6. horbolsi

horbolsi Thread Starter

ok am waiting
    and no it dont need any new hardware coz it happen me same like the other user u know and he solve the prob with using crisis and many others
    but i need to know how do it in the right way

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1115162

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice