1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Help Adding Ram to my Laptop Win 10 64-bit

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kamiton, Dec 14, 2019.

1. kamiton

kamiton Thread Starter

Its an ASUS X556FU I7 4GB RAM 2 slots - 1 slot used
    I'am planning to upgrade it, but I saw on the guides that some remove the battery and some does not.
    This one has an internal one. Do I need to remove it or just install it directly.

this is my first time doing this so Iam a little bit scared.

2. mh3330

mh3330

Hi,

Some do, some don't. The ones that do are doing it right. The ones that don't aren't. Do it correctly and take the battery out first.

Here's a video:

You probably don't have the fancy gloves. Just try to avoid touching the circuitry. Hold it by it's edges. Keep up with the screws. There's a notch to show you which way it goes in. It inserts at an angle. Make sure it clicks in place.

Also don't wear a wool sweater and drag your feet across the carpet in a cold room while petting your cat.

You'll be fine. Don't worry, you'll be an expert when you're done.

kamiton likes this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1237145

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice