1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help Adobe premiere 6.0

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by marilynmonro, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. marilynmonro

marilynmonro Thread Starter

hi i have adobe premiere and my problem is that i will put what i want onthe computer and i wil open adob and pu the fle i want in the time line and it wants me to preview files straite away even if i havnt done anything and once i do it creates ines when things over people move wait iwilll send u a pic
    i hope this helps ypu to understand please help this is for an assesment for my last yearin school and i hate using windows movie maker in fact if i try and make anything an avi. file it goes all linel i have 9 gb free aout of 60 on an windos xp computer thanks :)

2. linskyjack

linskyjack

You will need to learn how to type--your post is not decernable. I am a Premiere user but have no idea what you are requesting.

3. lister

lister

Decernable? Discernible (discernable - US).
    Maybe 'legible' would be more appropriate?

Hi, Marilyn.
    I don't use Premiere, but have you looked through the Preferences (Edit > Preferences) to see if there is an option to turn off the auto preview?

4. linskyjack

linskyjack

Maybe you not being an anal compulsive spelling cop would be more appropriate. Your advice is ridiculous--I really would like to help the thread starter but until he or she clearly spells out the problem--that would be impossible.

5. lister

lister

:eek: Only trying to help!

The poster said that when they inserted a file into the timeline some kind of preview starts automatically - no ideas? I don't use Premiere, or edit video, but it seemed likely to be a function that was able to be disabled.

Btw: A pet hate of mine is bad, or lazy, spelling - I would have criticized Marilyn, but frankly, I didn't know where to start! :D

6. Surreal2

Surreal2

Since Marilyn says he/she is in the final year, a good place to start might be to question the teaching capabilities of the school. :) :) :)

7. finwood

finwood

A few puncuation marks, appropriately placed would make the post much more discernable. I like discernable (perceptible by the senses or intellect) rather than legible. To me, legible, has more of a connatation of messiness, or sloppiness.

This is something interesting that I ran across a long time ago........

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

8. marilynmonro

Believe it or not I can actually spell I just never read over my messages :eek: before I send them [wow reading it now no wonder you guys are paying me out :eek: ], but don't worry I will now. I hope that this is clearer for you guys.
    I have a Sony video camera, I am able to store the information from the tape onto the computer using Adobe Premiere but when i put the information on to the time-line there is an X on the preview screen which I think means that I have to preview what I have done. So when I do press enter and preview the screen shots become distorted

whenever can I will take a photo so it is clearer for you guys but am not near my home computer sorry !!!!

I have a Windows XP Home, Dell computer with 60 gigabytes and about 9 gigabytes

9. marilynmonro

wow you guys are really harsh

10. linskyjack

linskyjack

Okay, so you capture the clips---then you drag them onto the timeline. When you go to play you get a distorted image.

Marilyn, I can think of one of two things--you either have an unregistered copy of Premiere or your capture settings are incorrect. I can't do anything about the first case, but if thats not the case then do the following.

1. Open Premiere---Choose New Project from the welcome screen
    2. Select DV-NTSC---Standard 48khz---make sure you haven't chosen wide screen.
    3. Click Ok

See if that works---if not, then do the same as above, and do the following:

1. File/Capture/Settings--Make sure the capture settings say "recorder DV/IEEE1394 Capture. Your capture location should say Same as Project--the same for your Audio capture locations. Under Device Control it should say DV Device Control

Now I am assuming that you have a firewire connection---and that you have a DV camera---Let me know what happens or if the problem is that your copy isn't registered.

11. marilynmonro

humm yeah that didnt work but thanks so much for trying to help here is a pic of my problemthanks

Attached Files:

12. linskyjack

linskyjack

Looks to me like you might have a problem with your camera---the heads might be dirty--

13. marilynmonro

i thank you that makes sense but it only happens when i save the file as a avi. file

14. linskyjack

linskyjack

All files coming into Premiere have the avi tag on them. (its not a format its a tag) The thing to do is try to access a different NlE, download the video and see if you have the problem. If you can send me some screen shots of your capture setting I might be able to help--also your project settings.

15. marilynmonro

The thing to do is try to access a different NlE ???? i am sorry but i dont know what this means

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/373071

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice