Help after trying system recovery disk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mcatrucker

i got a new computer and gave my emachines T2885 Windows XP to my brother it was running great until he decided to wipe out the computer which i have done in the past with the system recovery disks that came with it and when he did this about half way thru the recovery we get a ghost.err now it won't even boot up. i have taken it to 2 gentlemen who both charged me and didn't do anything to it but 1 guy gave me a win crash cd and told me that i could get the computer back up and running with this cd. well i have no idea how to use this disk but he charged me 100.00 dollars anyway said he just didn't have the time to fix it that the disk is all i needed. well i am broke for this and still no fix for this computer. HELP!!!

tony007

Banned
Also you could try cleaning the recovery disks and having another go.

mcatrucker

tried that. i even used my burner on my new computer and cloned the disks but it does the same thing.

tony007

Banned
Could you copy the options and post them here or are there to many? Is there a formatt option also a setup option???

mcatrucker

already contacted emachines they can't send me new disks without a fifty dollar charge to my credit card. thought maybe there was a way to get back into windows like when i had 98 a few years back it was very easy to get my hard drive back.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online