1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help after trying system recovery disk

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mcatrucker, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mcatrucker

mcatrucker Thread Starter

i got a new computer and gave my emachines T2885 Windows XP to my brother it was running great until he decided to wipe out the computer which i have done in the past with the system recovery disks that came with it and when he did this about half way thru the recovery we get a ghost.err now it won't even boot up. i have taken it to 2 gentlemen who both charged me and didn't do anything to it but 1 guy gave me a win crash cd and told me that i could get the computer back up and running with this cd. well i have no idea how to use this disk but he charged me 100.00 dollars anyway said he just didn't have the time to fix it that the disk is all i needed. well i am broke for this and still no fix for this computer. HELP!!!

2. tony007

tony007 Banned

Do you get anything showing when you try to boot up?

3. mcatrucker

just a blank screen with a cursor blinking in the left hand corner.

4. tony007

tony007 Banned

Also you could try cleaning the recovery disks and having another go.

5. mcatrucker

tried that. i even used my burner on my new computer and cloned the disks but it does the same thing.

6. tony007

tony007 Banned

What happens when you put the win crash cd in and try to boot up?

7. mcatrucker

a slue of menu options comes up and i am not sure what option to choose.

8. tony007

tony007 Banned

Could you copy the options and post them here or are there to many? Is there a formatt option also a setup option???

9. tony007

tony007 Banned

10. mcatrucker

already contacted emachines they can't send me new disks without a fifty dollar charge to my credit card. thought maybe there was a way to get back into windows like when i had 98 a few years back it was very easy to get my hard drive back.

11. caperjack

caperjack

I can find no info on a win crash cd ,never heard of one ,it might be the ultimate boot cd !
    what was the ghost error ,you say you used windows 98 before ,i suggest you boot the computer to a win98 boot floppy and format the harddrive ,then try your winxp recovery cd again dos commands ,.http://www.computerhope.com/formathl.htm#01
    win98 boot floppy file .www.bootdisk.com

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755173

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice