1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help - all sounds play with pops its not clear or smooth

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Amrit, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amrit

Amrit Thread Starter

Whenever my pc plays some sound its unclear as i hear lots of small pops over the sound. At first i thought it was my specker system, but i changed it and the sounds still the same, i tried headphones as well, they made no difference either, so i thought it was my music file that was not clear, then i tried 219 different music tracks, it made no difference i still heard the pops. I put the same tracks onto my mp3 player and it plays them very clearly. Even when i listen to a trailer or something with sound on the internet i still hear the pops, that means its my pc thats causing all this. Can anyone help me please? The pop sound, sounds like popcorn being made in a microwave, pops keeping playing over all types of sound. Please can someone tell me how to stop this from happening?

2. src04c

src04c

desktop, laptop??

on my desktop i would get much the same symptom because i had a internal pci wireless card in the desktop. Now i hook my desktop up to my surround sound system, so the problem came in when the wireless card antenna was near the plug in from the stereo to the sound card. Since the two card sat next to each other in their respective pci slots on the MB, when the wireless card would be transferring any data of any type(which is virtually all the time if connected to the router and internet), a clicking would ensue of the speakers within my surround sound, god forbid streaming music or videos, i resolved this by moving the cards to opposite ends of the motherboard and moving the pc farther off the wall and giving the backside of the tower more breathing room,. I figured this was due to the antenna somewhat interferring with the small electrical fields given off my the sound card connection wire. A college physics class tells you than any wire with current running through it has an electromagnetic field, and thus can be disturbed if the wireless card is nearby broadcasting data through a larger stornger form of electric fields. Eventually i broke down and just moved my router and hardwired my pc to the router, solving the annoyance entirely. This may be your problem, maybe not, cant really tell with the info you gave but it solved my problem and in the off chance you are using a similar setup or something, hopefully this may help you......

3. dcgofish

dcgofish

Pops and chirps in all sound sources, WMA, video/audio on line, cd's i have burned, but same files used on another machine ae fine. No wireless sound card as suggested above.
    XP home, AMD 1600, 512 ram, VIA AC97 audio controller. Have tried turning everything else off, which seems to help some but not cure it. Any suggestions?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/582182

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice